Friday, November 14, 2008


My village! This is the mayo (fulfulde for river) that runs next top my village. It is fairly rocky here and you can see giant rounded boulders on all the hillsides, which are a mix of green and yellow vegetation right now.



The fans got excited, but it wasn't like a game in Brasil. There were no chants except for the "Ole" and only a few people had their body painted or were wearing the team colors. There was however if you can see in this photo a man walking around with and areasol can that he was using as a flame thrower. That was pretty intense and my thoughts were shared by the gendarme (like local police) who made him leave.





At the soccer game. We watched the best team in Cameroon, which happens to be Garoua the big city in my province, play the best team in Zimbabwe. Twas exciting, but severly hot. We attracted a lot of attention from fans, but so did the game as Garoua won.







This is on a bike ride I took with two other volunteers....excuse me trainees cause we are not actual volunteers yet. Yes I know the helmet doesn't fit on my head well, but I still have to wear it! I am not the only one suffering through helmet issues, another volunteer is still waiting for PC to send him a helmet that will fit his head.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You look great Bestest! I miss you so much and Mari told me to tall you hello! She turned 16 on the 13th of November and now of course she thinks she is grown! Get this...so i decided to surprise her and take cupcakes, balloons, and flowers up to her school...why did I almost get tackled by campus security. Mind you i had already received approval from her teacher but i start walking around the corner and I hear "Please be advised, there is an unidentified Black female with balloons on campus that does not have authorization"!!! Are you kidding me? Like seriously, what the hell am i going to do with my arms full of balloons and flowers? I later found out that things like that have to be pre appoved through school administration prior to the day of the event...go figure!

Well that was my fun little diddy to share! Love you!

Unknown said...

Happy Tofu Turkey Day Bestest!!! I Miss You!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kauleen!
This is Cherise from Sunburst. I just read all your posts! I'm very excited for you. I would love to keep updated. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Obama night was extremely exciting in Washington, DC. Many people partied in the streets all night long. It was amazing.

Keep up the good work! You're such an inspiration!